Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

While cleaning out my step-mothers house after she passed I

Customer Question

While cleaning out my step-mothers house after she passed I found 4, 8x10 B/W photos of the Japanese Surrender on board the USS Missouri...these were sent to her from her brother in CA who was in the Navy at the time. There are no dates on any of the pictures or the envelope however there are 2 stamps on the envelope (a total of 14 cents postage) one stamp is a Eisenhower USA 8 cent stamp and the other is a USA flag 6 cent stamp.
I am trying to find out if these pictures might have any value.
Than You
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

These were mailed sometime around 1970 because the Eisenhower stamp didn't come out until 1970. These photos were taken in 1945; however, there were 1000s of copies made. They would sell for $10-20 each.

Thank you,