Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. Experience, 40+yrs.Dealer buying/selling antiques.14+ yrs. Antique Store Owner. Member of AOA, AADA. Advanced studies in Antiques at University of Arkansas at Little Rock.
53729464

I have a set of my Mom's with a stamp on the bottom that

Customer Question

Hi, I have a set of my Mom's with a stamp on the bottom that says fine china Japan. There is a vase about 6" high with a lid, a fan about 6" wide and a bell with a butterfly. They are gold trimmed with a copper colored lily on them. Do you know what they might be and if the have a value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

What do you mean " what they might be"

Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.
.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry what they might be worth
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

.

.
The Made in Japan Vase has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $40.00-45.00, the Fan-$35.00-48.50, the Bell-$30.00-35.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Could you very kindly rate my services this is how I get paid by JustAnswer at no extra cost to you. Please kindly do so immediately following this answer by clicking one of the top two Smiles, or Stars depending which one you see.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions, as I see it is not rated yet. If there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda