Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have 3 items that I'm curious about. 1st is a set of China

Customer Question

I have 3 items that I'm curious about. 1st is a set of China that my aunt-in-law gave me 25 years ago. She purchased set when got her first job at 17 years old in Panama, when she gave the set to me she was already in late 70's to early 80's. When I inquired about the China 15 years ago I was told that the set was worth $1200.00 and 2 pieces were missing. The 2nd item is a 3D picture of a lady with a bonnet and long gloves that buttoned up her arms. And the 3rd item is a blanket chest that I brought 20 years ago for $300.00. I saw an almost identical one on the Antique Road Show. The one on the Antique Road Show's appraiser told the owner that it was worth a good amount of money but it would be worth more if it had a safe box inside. Mine has the safe inside and I have the key. From what I have mentioned do you think any one of these things are of any real value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.

HI,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

We need to take these items one at a time. Let's begin with the china, and then you can post the other things as separate questions.

Please upload clear pictures of one plate, and of the trademarks on the pack. Please also give me a list of exactly which pieces you have and how many of each. Count only thise in perfect condition.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.