Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have an old dining table, hutch and buffet. Under the

Customer Question

Hi Frank. I have an old dining table, hutch and buffet. Under the dining table and on the leaf for the table is the following stamp:
272 . T . GFT
BLD . WAL
These items were my grandparents and were purchased probably sometime in the 1920-1940 range.
Any ideas?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Do you have any photos of the set you may be able to send? From the sound of the markings this would be a factory made piece. However those markings wouldn't allude to a maker. There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows: UPLOAD:The link below will direct you through our upload processhttp://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert EMAIL:You can also email pictures to support@justanswer.com with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.Thank you for your time,

Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are photos and then I also found a tag under the table. Maybe that will help with value?Thank you!!Judd
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back to me Judd.

The Mount Airy Chair Company was established in 1921 by James and Bruce Yokley. The company was known for the production of moderately priced dining, bedroom, and drawing room chairs, and also dining rm. furniture. The Mount Airy Chair Company merged in 1966 with the Mount Airy Furniture Co.,which was founded in 1895 by John Yokley, E. H. Merritt and E. H. Kochtitzky. The merged companies became Mount Airy Furniture Company, and remained in business until 1997 when a fire destroyed the company. Your Mount Airy Chair Company dining set was produced in the 1920 - to early 30's. In 1926 the United States celebrated its sesquicentennial birthday. In anticipation of that event many furniture makers at the time were creating unique pieces by combining the best of the furniture styles of past years. Your dining set has a combination of Gothic and Renaissance Revival influences from the 19th century. In the current market you would be looking at a fair market value of between 500-650USD for the set in the current as is condition.

The set has seen some use over the years but would still be categorized as in fair to good overall condition and is still very useful to an interested party.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your vintage dining room set.

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.