Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have an 8-panel Asian silk embroidered folding screen, in

Customer Question

I have an 8-panel Asian silk embroidered folding screen, in good condition. The black silk is somewhat faded, but the embroidery itself of birds and flowers is vibrant, exquisite, and in beautiful condition. On the back of the panels are vertical black characters on brown paper background. (Someone thought it might be part of the Thousand Character Classic.)
This screen is most like Korean pieces I have seen on-line, and that makes sense with the source of the piece.
There are a couple of small tears in the borders, but none on the embroidered panels themselves. The hinges are hidden cord and allow folding both ways.
Where is it from, what is the likely age, and what is the likely value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

This is Korean, circa 1970's, value is $200 - $400 on today's market.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora