Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

I have a picture of a deer by H. Van Meegeren. Can you tell

Customer Question

I have a picture of a deer by H. Van Meegeren. Can you tell me anything about it?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Good day, my name is***** tell me more about the painting. Is it an oil or watercolor? What is the size of the work? It would also help to see the painting. Can you send images of the painting.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The picture is approx. 12X18 and I believe it is a pencil drawing. The deer is a doe. When I go on the Meegerin web site I see a picture of it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you receive my response? Should I take it out of the frame and see if there is any information on the back? The frame has been duck taped together.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tim, I hope you received my response. What else can I send you? I'm not to computer smart, so I hope you have received my questions and the answer to your question.

Yes I received your questions. I have checked the current values of an original Han VAN MEEGEREN HERTJE (Deer or Fawn) pencil drawing. They sell for $100.00 to $250.00.

If you are satisfied with my answer please take a moment and rate it. That is how I am compensated for my time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tim thank you for your response. I know I gave you limited information and you were still able to help me. I'm thinking that I would like to take it to an antique appraisal show, if they ever have one in our area. I live in Southern Oregon on the Pacific Ocean.Thank you again;
Dixie

Hi Dixie, check with a local antique mall, they sometimes have appraisal days.