Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an unusual 1911 Christmas card consisting of an eight

Customer Question

I have an unusual 1911 Christmas card consisting of an eight page poem about baseball including several cartoons. The narrative refers to "figuring out plays to stop the fleet Cobb, or showing the Larry's too slow for the job, proving that Jackson is faster than Speaker." References to Eddie *****, ***** Bresnahan, etc. There are authentic references to baseball and baseball players as it was played in 1911. It measures 9 1/2" X 4 1/2", bound in string with its own envelope. This was found with family papers. I would appreciate an answer as to its value. Thank you. Jan
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jan,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Please upload clear pictures of the entire card, including all eight pages, any copyright or publisher information, and the envelope.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I sent you a proposal for a phone call. If you accept, we can begin.