Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an old coromandel black lacquer screen with imbedded

Customer Question

I have an old coromandel black lacquer screen with imbedded with mother of pearl, jade, and ivory. It is a six panel room screen. I have only found two on the internet to sort of match it and one did not have the inlays, and the other was a cabinet that looked like it but it was in a museum. About what would it be worth and how do I transport it safely across country?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer and would be happy to help you. Can you post a few photos of the screen for my review. This would help me in my evaluation on condition and quality. Also what is the size of the panels? Most were all the same size so just one would be fine to measure. There are 6 panels. Thank you I appreciate your help with the information. I look forward to helping you.

Hello, I was just checking back to see if you had replied. I will wait for measurements and photos, if available, to give a value. However to transport the screen you will want to place the screen laying down or standing firmly against a truck wall. In between you will want to use cotton blankets that cover the exact length so the panels do not touch or rub. You will fold in up so the width is of one panel and six panels deep. If laid down secure it so it does not move and do not lay anything on top. If standing against a truck wall strap it securely so it does not move. The main thing to do is protect all panels from being poked or hit and not rubbing together. I found cotton blankets were thick enough to prevent damage. I look forward to helping you further. Thank you