Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

What is the value of my 1780's to 1810's

Customer Question

What is the value of my 1780's to 1810's étagère worth? I have several pictures of the dove tail drawers, hardware, mirrors, marketry etc. just don't how to post them to this site.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Carla,

This is Robert here again, I'm sorry you are continuing to have difficulties attaching photos.

Once you have the photos in your computer just click on the paperclip icon (attached to the text box where you are typing to me). This will automatically pull up the file where you have them in your computer, then just click as prompted.

Alternatively you can send them by email, the only address that gets to me is:

*****@******.***

Mark the email for my attention, Robert S. in the Antiques category otherwise they won't know who to send it to. As I mentioned before, I work "on" rather than "for" JustAnswer as an independent agent so all emails have to go through a third party to protect everyone's privacy. It may take up to 24 hours, but I'll let you know as soon as I see it this end.

Hope this helps.

Robert.

PS. By the way, just so as you know, you now have two questions open about the same item. Make sure you contact customer support (phone number 1.***-***-****) to have one of them closed, otherwise you may be charged twice.

Also, please ignore all requests for a phone call, they are automatically generated by the site and don't come from me. Calling is a waste of your money. Thanks, R.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your response, I am at work, and when I get home I will use your advise to email you if I cannot successfully post pictures. I can attach my photos easily on my e-mail.
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Great! Looking forward to seeing it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a paper clip on this box that I type responses to you, however there is an option to "add files." This might be what I tried last time that did not actually post to this reply. I will try it again, and perhaps will have to do the email option. Thanks so much for your amazing patience with me. It is sincerely appreciated. :) It is 75" tall, 43" wide and 12" deep. The picture of the plain piece of wood that I sat on the top to take a picture of it, was attached to the back of the cabinet to give a back to the shelves and the doored part. The original little nails are still in the back of the cabinet. The shape of the "dove tail" work on the drawer is instrumental in giving me the timing of the piece, plus the mirror, original draw pulls etc.
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Carla,

Just to let you know I posted an answer on your original thread here:

http://www.justanswer.com/antiques/9dspo-etagere-dated-1780-s-1810-appraised-at.html

Many thanks,
Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience and kind remarks. I know that this piece is not from the late 1900's because my mother had it for over fifty years, and it was old when she got it in a divorce settlement.
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Carla, thanks for spotting the typo!

"It's late 1900s or early 20th century......"

should have read: "It's late 1800s or early 20th century...."

Many thanks for the kind rating and I've just seen your second question re. the bookcase which I'll answer shortly.

Best wishes,
Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much for your reply, and I am eager to see your response to my latest question. You are appreciated! :)
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks!

Hope you saw my answer to the bookcase question. Here's the link, if not.

http://www.justanswer.com/antiques/9e1b6-asking-second-question-hope.html

Best wishes,

Robert