Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have another query. I have a rectangular pottery dish

Customer Question

Frank I have another query for you. I have a green rectangular pottery dish signed on the bottom -SegL- and underneath is the date 1924 Jan L'Estrange
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jan,

I am going to do some further research into that mark. It looks like it could be unlisted, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks again,

Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Frank I found the dish in an old home that had been owned for 100 years by the people who owned Cobb &n Co, Australia's most famous stage coaching service. Freeman Cobb was an American, but he may never had lived in the house where I found the dish. Those who did live there would have travelled overseas easily. In 1924 there would not have been any small pottery makers in OZ, especially out this way. It must have been made by a recognized pottery. Did you notice the unusual signature?
What else can I tell you.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

I did notice it and I am having trouble finding that exact marking. Can you give a rough estimate of the dimensions of the piece?

Any damage ?
Thanks again,

Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Frank, There is no damage at all to dish. Top length is 21.5 cm: Top width is 11.5 cm. Base length is 17.5 cm and base width is 7 cm. depth is approximately 3.5-4 cm. Good luck. Jan
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Thanks again Jan