Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a mebough Bros 4 Piece dining room set from my wife's

Customer Question

I have a Himebough Bros 4 Piece dining room set from my wife's grandpartents. It has a china closet with serving table a buffet and a round table with 6 chairs and 2 leaves for expansion. I have pictures would you like to see.. We are moving and cant take it this time and would like to sell it
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry "Himebaugh Bros."
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been more than 24 hours and I haven't heard from anyone
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Can you tell me if there is any kind of damage to your set?Any cosmetic damage to the finish or any structural damages to legs?

Thanks for your patience,

Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Definitely no structural damage to anything. The server has some inlaid missing on bottom shelf. Minor I would say. Some of the front handles are not attached to their plates. I have them and need some soldering I would think to reconnect.
Thanks for helping. Bob
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Adding pictures
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hey Bob,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Your tiger oak dining set would have been produced by Himebaugh Bros in Jamestown, NY circa 1910's.

Taking into account the condition you would be looking at a resale value for the Mission Style set somewhere between 2200-2600USD if you were selling the set yourself.

In a retail shop you maybe closer to the 3,000-3,400USD range. And if you were going to sell at auction you would be closer to 1200-1500USD.

The Mission style does have quite a few collectors behind it, but the big ticket pieces are usually coming out of the old Grand Rapids/Western New York producers(Stickley) . This is a solid set, but in a down furniture market may be tough to sell as a whole set if you were interested in moving it all at once.

Consignment with a local shop may be the best way to go if you are facing the move soon.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your vintage dining set.

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon,I wanted to follow up with you on your question. I hope the information I left for you was helpful in your research.If you can accept my answer and leave feedback for my service it would be very much appreciated, as this is how I am credited for my time with the company.If you have any future questions, I would be happy to help with any antiques or collectibles you may need information for. Thank you for your time,Frank