Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Orange ceramic Horse with some type of on bottom. Looks like

Customer Question

Orange ceramic Horse with some type of mark on bottom. Looks like a Chinese mark, but I would need to do a tracing to see it clearly. Not very clear. My parents supported my uncle in the 70s for about five years. He gave them this ceramic horse and told them in was in return for them helping him and that is was valuable. I could not find anything like it on the internet. Have a picture.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Debra,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your ceramic horse.

Could you very kindly attach the photo and one of the mark on the bottom and I'll identify it for you and give you a value.

Once you have the photos in your computer, it's a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me.

If you get stuck go here for help.

Many thanks and wait to hear.

Robert

Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Debra,

If you get stuck go here for help.

Many thanks and wait to hear.

Robert

Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Debra,

I assume since I haven't heard back you must be having computer problems or sending your replies somewhere else on the site. I work 'on' rather than 'for' JustAnswer as an independent agent so I don't see any emails or texts that you may send elsewhere. This text box is the only way we can communicate and you need to be logged in to the site to do so.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Best wishes,
Robert

PS Here's how to attach photos

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no paperclip. I don't think it cool to have to pay another $18 to call. Sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was able to send picture. Please let me know.. Thank you
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks so much for the photo of the mark. You're right, it's very hard to see. I can make out a T and the number 17.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of the horse itself. You probably attached one already but it did not come through this end. If so, sorry you have to do it twice.

Also, how big is it?

Robert

PS. You were right not to call, there's no need to, and please ignore all requests to do so, they are automatically generated by the site and don't come from me. Calling is a waste of your money.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'll send the photo. Its my phone so it may not come through
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Photo came through, thanks.

How tall is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Robert. Let me know if you if you are still looking for me. Thank you
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Can you try another shot of the mark for me.

Use a single source of light, like a light in a closet, say, at a sharp angle. Take photos with that light angling from several directions and send me the best ones.

Unfortunately the glaze has filled the impressed mark making it very hard to decipher.

Also, how tall is it?

Thanks,

Robert