Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have an original oil painting by Pearl Ropke of a

Customer Question

I have an original oil painting by Pearl Ropke of a lighthouse. I have been trying to find info on this painting any of value if any.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

I probably will not be able to tell you where the lighthouse is located; but, with a little more information, I can value your painting.

If you would like for me to proceed, please tell me the sight dimensions of your painting, not including the frame.

It also would be best to have a photo of your painting.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris

Kind regards,

Doris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought this painting about 25 years ago in Pensacola. It is about 28 x 22 in.

Pearl Kelley Ropke (1921-2014) was born in Pensacola, FL. For the most part, she painted around Georgia and the Carolinas which is probably where the scene of your painting was located.

My research indicates that your Pearl Ropke oil painting has a retail art gallery value of $2200-2400 assuming good condition.

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to request me in the future, just type "Doris" at the first of the question.

Thank you.