Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a lithograph with the following: "Prayer Painted by

Customer Question

I have a lithograph with the following:
"Prayer for Health"
Painted by J.T. Peele
Published by George Stinson Co.
Portland, Maine
Engraved from the original picture in the collection of Robert Thorton, Esq., of The Cedar Road, Clapham Common. To whom the plate is respectively dedicated.
It is an absolutely beautiful picture of a girl lying in bed, with a book (bible?) open on her lap, hands folded in prayer. And being a nurse I love it and have it hanging in my office. I have tried to research in every way possible but can find no information on it. Is there anything you could possibly tell me about it or if it has any value. Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

I can give you a short biography of the artist and a value of your lithograph based his other listed work but I probably but I probably cannot find any information on your specific image.

If this works for you, please send me the sight dimensions of your piece not including the frame.

Kind regards,

Doris