ObjectsConservator1
ObjectsConservator1, Restorer
Experience:  30+ years of conserving and restoring museum and private-owned objects.
75944346

I have old postcards from my great aunts who traveled

Customer Question

I have old postcards from my great aunts who traveled extensively. I know that most postcards are not very valuable; however, most of the ones who were posted have dates of 1904 to 1907. I do have 3 cards from the Worlds Columbian-their spelling-Exposition. Only one has a readable post mark which is 1893. That one has a picture of a Columbian government building and a picture of Grover Cleveland. What would be my best course of action to find out what they are worth? Thank you for your help!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ObjectsConservator1 replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest looking at various websites such as the following one:

http://www.oldpostcards.com/1893-Columbian-Exposition-Worlds-Fair-Postcards.html

You can see the current prices listed for what you have, which are around $25-$30.

I'd also suggest that the collection that you have is historically valuable for your family, and that you preserve them to hand down. You can get archival post card holder sleeves from www.universityproducts.com, for example and a binder so they can be handled and looked at without damage.

Please let me know if you have any other questions regarding antiques conservation/preservation.

Please rate my response, which was full and comprehensive, so I may be paid for my work.

Thank you!