rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

What is the difference in Capodimonte and Capo di? Are they

Customer Question

What is the difference in Capodimonte and Capo di Monte? Are they of the same value? Also, what does the crown mean? I also have 1317/2 the there is a "y" carved in the pottery. This is a bowl with handles on each side and flowers on the front in perfect shape.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to sign up for a monthly membership. I'm willing to pay for this one answer but no monthly membership please!
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is made by Principe Ceramics, a company that made Capo di Monte ceramic reproductions in Nove, Italy from 1980 to 1995. The actual Capodimonte mark is a blue N with a crown. The crown used represents the fact that the real capodimonte factory was founded by Ferdinand, the son of Charles III King of Spain in 1771.

This piece you have has a value of $35.00 currently since it is a more modern reproduction piece.

Please do click the stars to rate me.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer. I am following up to see if there was anything else that you needed to know about this piece. If not, please do click the stars to close the question.