Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an early silver coin of an raised Queen (I believe)

Customer Question

I have an early silver coin of an raised Queen Elizabeth (I believe) that has been incorporated into a silver lid and removeable small round pill box style container . The hallmarks on the bottom container are MAS Ster Rom, the o in Rom has a dot above it. Some letters around the front outer edge of the coin look like "CIRCVLVS ORBL DIIOR IN IOCO N??? ALTER". I am not sure of each letter as the lid covers a small portion of the top of the letters. On the back side of the coin there is a tree in water with a "E" on one side of the tree and a "R" on the other side.The writing below the tree looks like NON ???A PERI OV?A A?QVNT. There are two small boats on one side of the tree and what looks like an octopus on the the other side of the tree in water. Do you have any information on the coin, the hallmarks etc etc.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please use the ADD FILES button to add photos of this piece.