Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a set of 2 lamps that were my... great grandmothers.

Customer Question

Hi i have a set of 2 lamps that were my... great grandmothers. the only marking i can find on them on them is underneath the bottom of the lamp that says hand painted 7726 and 1226 on the other lamp and they each say bohemia Italy handpainted.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can we talk on the phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1st set of photo's
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2nd set of photo's
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you however I do not do the phone appraisals. If you wish to handle it over the phone I can opt out if you wish or I can continue to help you here. These are Italian done in the mid 1800s. The numbers you see 7726 and 1226 are the pattern numbers of the pieces. Can you tell me how tall the lamps are? Just the porcelain vases themselves? This will help me in giving you a value on the pair.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi tanya do you know if an artist painted them they been in a garage for decades i cant even find a crack or chip in the porcelain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
insm trying to upload better poctures of them are thdy common or of any. value

Hi, yes they do have value and I am researching this now. If there is no name I could not say who for certain painted them. They were produced by a variety of painters who worked for the company. They were found to be produced for elegance in homes that enjoyed fine porcelains. I will post here shortly.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you know which company