Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an oval shape painting that was my grandma's. Can't

Customer Question

I have an oval shape painting that was my grandma's. Can't find a signature on it. It's of a lake and mountains in the background . In the foreground there is a canoe on the shore. When I opened up the glass to see if it was a water color, I thought it seemed like it was chalk like . Could you tell me anything about it? Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. Can you post a photo of the back of the painting and the measurements. This will help me in my evaluation for you. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
30" x 18". Frame not included
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Names on back of picture may have been a store in our town , circa early 1900 - 1920.

Thank you for the photos and measurements. This painting was done in the mid to late 1800s It is in excellent condition for the age and the value is $ 325.00-350.00 It looks to be Mount Shasta as seen lake Shastina on the north east side of the mountain. Which, did have many Indians that lived around the lake without knowing for certain I could not say. Very nice piece. I also tried everything to research the name however I have nothing found on Swanson Narenburg. Thank you and if I may be of further help please let me know.