Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a number of signed colored etchings that appear to be

Customer Question

I have a number of signed colored etchings that appear to be signed by Hubert? Huberty? All of scenes in France or Belgium during the early 1900's. Can't seem to find anything about the artist. An suggestions on how to identify him?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

These are vintage 20th century views of European cities. They were generally sold as decorative wall art or to tourists. The Eau Fort Originale stands for acid etched print. The indent in the paper around the image is called the plate mark. There is no attribution to a listed artist with the last name Hubert (some sellers claim Hubert Robert, however that is an 18th century French painter and incorrect). These sell for an average of $20 - $80 each.

~Nora