Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am trying to identify the artist of this etching. I bought

Customer Question

I am trying to identify the artist of this etching. I bought it maybe 55-60 years ago in a gallery in Delft in the Nrtherlands displaying the work of young up-and-coming artists. That's my memory. It is rich in symbolism. A young seated mother (a peasant woman as seen in her clog shoes and dress) with a young mmale child.& In the background is what I think may be a Benedictine monastery. There is a field of harvested wheat, a dead crow (or Raven?) at the mother's feet and an alive crow (or Raven?) in the upper left feeding a nest of baby birds. At the bottom are these words:" Imp serie de 800 HmThil 5/. ". I am not sure about the "HmThil". That is what it looks like.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

What is the size of this and at your convenience, please send clear, in-focus close-up images of the signature and small print and a view of the back side (do not remove from frame).

~Nora