Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My brother and I just bought a childs tea set. It is

Customer Question

my brother and I just bought a childs tea set. It is procelain, and hand painted with gold highlights. The handles on the cups, teapot, sugar and creamer are of what looks like a very slender top hatted gentelman, with his hands on the cup rim, he is looking toward the cup stooped over so his behind makes the top point of the cup handler and the legs go down to the bottom of the cup finishing the handle. The lids for the sugar, and teapot are of hand painted women, one lacy on each lid. The handles are mainly light blue and is a very whimsical tea set. Reminds me of sort of an Alice in Wonderland sort of set. But it is not. There is a raised 5 point star on the bottom of the pieces and they are signed in gold, by the artist I presume, looks to be in the line of "Lassbrook", or "Lastbrook" or something of that sort and some of the pieces are marked in gold with ML. Any idea of maker or what this is, thanks for your help
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The outsides of the cups, creamer, teapot and sugar as lots of tiny flowers in very vivid pastel colors and has the gold on the rims and also incorporated in the design as ribbons between the flowers. The creamer and sugar are approximately 5" to 6" tall. cups with saucers about 2-3", the teapot with the lid and larger man is about 7"-8" tall. It is actually a very well painted and extremely nice set. I have never seen one like it and have been antiqueing for about 35-40 yrs now. Hope this will help some, I have a pic on my phone but don't know how to get it to you. Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All of the above measurements may be a bit smaller. It is a child's tea set.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the background color is a cre***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just sent an attachment with the pictures I took of the set. They're blurry for the most part, but I am not able to stop shaking very well, I hope you can open the file, it is Attachments_20151029.zip. I hope you get these, maybe it will help alot. Thanks, Connie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wasn't able to get a good photo of the artist's signature, but am sure the last part is "brook" and begins with and L, with 3 letters inbetween. Sorry. Not much help. Thanks again, connie
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the details and photos. If possible to send clear close-ups of the signature and of the faces of male and female, that will be helpful.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you at this time. I am unable tot take very clear pics as I have tremors. I thank you for your effort, but don't think I will be able fulfill your request. Maybe I can find an answer somewhere else. Regards, Connie
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Connie,

I will open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will respond to you here.

~Nora