Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a gas/oil chandelier that was converted to electric

Customer Question

I have a gas/oil chandelier that was converted to electric in 1970. It is an heirloom passed down the generations to me. It is very ornate on the top, shaped like a crown a king would wear. The whole chandelier is a mixture of brass, silver, and copper. It has 2 globes, both having prisms on the bottom. the top globe is smaller and is a light mustard yellow in color with 2 roses, one rose darker and smaller than the other rose which is bigger and lighter. The same is exact for the bottom globe except larger. of course, there is sterling silver all between each intricate piece holding it together and the finale at the bottom, it comes together in a 0ne backward c shape and one c shape, back to back, with very ornate detail everywhere throughout this chandelier. My question is my insurance company would like a replacement price on this chandelier. My mother said her great Aunt who was born in he 1880's knew it well, though we do not have a year on it, the globs were hand painted. Can you help with this?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora