Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have about 5 albums of postcards. One of the albums has

Customer Question

I have about 5 albums of postcards. One of the albums has approximately 150 postcards in it. They are late 1800's early 1900's. I'm going by the postmark on some of the cards. Are they worth being appraised. I am 70 years old and just inherited them from my Great aunt. Please advise.
Thank you, ***** ***** ***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi Shar,

Postcards vary in value depending on the subject matter, age, publisher and medium.

In general, most postcards are worth $2 - $5 however, the postcards of most value on today's market are those with a Halloween theme. They can range from $40 - $400 each depending on the condition and graphic.

"Real Photo Postcards" or "RPPC" can also be of value depending on subject. You can tell an RPPC because it looks like a photograph but the back is printed as a postcard for mailing. RPPC's of value are those with Alaskan and California goldminers, American Indians, people with toys or teddy bears, cute animal photos, Shakers, Cowboys, Railroad depots and trains to name a few. Each of those can be worth $20 - $200.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?

~Nora