LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a pair of solid Brass Andirons and need to establish

Customer Question

I have a pair of solid Brass Andirons and need to establish their worth. Can you help me?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. I have a few questions. What is the measurements of the andiron, are there any markings on them or names and weight if you know it. You state solid so I am curious on the weight. These will help me in my evaluation for you Thank you I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They each weigh approximately 14 lbs and stand 29" tall. When I took one apart I found that it was made up of 9 brass pieces plus the wrought iron base piece. While there are no visible seams on the exterior of any pieces, I think I did find seams inside one of the pieces that.i examined. I originally purchase the andirons at an antique auction .

Thank you so much for the information it helped me vastly. These are exquisite andirons and show true craftsmanship. They are English and from the late 1800s early 1900s. The seams on the inside and not outside show us they were worked for elegance and beauty. In today's market the value would range $3,600 to 4,200.00 for the pair based on age, craftsmanship, weight and type of andiron they are. they are in great condition for the age as they have been well cared for and admired. The value will only increase over time. If you are storing them place soft cloth or a blanket between them and around them to protect the pair. It is best to place alot of padding between them to keep from being banged together. If you are displaying them you could place them anywhere that would be free of foot traffic to knock them together. Very nice set thank you for sharing this with us and for coming to just answer. If I may be of further assistance please let me know I am happy to help.