LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a 13 piece set of hand painted ,signed and dated 1894

Customer Question

I have a 13 piece set of hand painted ,signed and dated 1894 Limoge seasheel plates with gold trim.
I was wondering what the general worth is?
Pristine condition
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at just answer. i would be happy to help you. Could you post a few photos.... the pattern, signature and any markings. Also, the measurement of the plates. These will help me to give you an accurate value. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It may take a day.Will that be ok

Hello, yes certainly. Thank you for letting me know I will watch for the information and look forward to helping you on this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are a few pictures.Will have dimensions

Thank you I will begin researching, no rush I am happy to help. I noticed you state the date is 1894 and the photo shows 1893. Are we looking at pieces in both years? I just wanted to clarify there is no issue just wanted to double check. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The plates are approx 8-9 inches .A small dinner plate.
I also have a gravy boat that is slightly damage but signed and dated on the inside

Hello, thank you for the information. The first 13 plates - they are 22.00-25.00 each. The gravy boat I do see the damage its value is 15.00 These were all hand painted by a ladies painting club or gathering that got together to socialize and paint while having a light lunch or brunch. It was for finer ladies to gather and share , talk have a meal together and then paint where they would be fired and taken home. This is why many have the same initials and other sets will have many names or initials. You have some very old nice items. If I may be of further service please let me know.