Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

Original water color of girl with lotus blossoms by Ester

Customer Question

Original water color of young girl with lotus blossoms by Ester Anna Hunt. Painted in early 1900's.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have been buying, selling and appraising art work since 1970. Please tell me the size of this watercolor?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is in it's original frame. With the frame, it measures 13 1/4 X 19 inches. Without frame it is 11 3/4 X 17 inches.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The frame is Asian in design......gold and black.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do know that Esther Hunt studied in Chicago and in Paris, before moving back to California. She had her art shown in a Paris museum at one time. I think it was a painting of her sister.
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

You watercolor would sell for $1500-2000 at auction and insurance value is $3000.

Thank you,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and effort without additional cost to you. It was a pleasure working with you.
Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wayne,
I did receive your answer. I was disappointed with the value of my watercolor.
I saw some of her work sold recently for a lot more in California auctions.
Thank you
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.

I can only go by actual sales and I try to be as accurate and concervitve as possible. The paintings that sold for more were larger in size.

Thank you,