Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have 2 watercolor on canvas paintings and 1 set of brass

Customer Question

I have 2 watercolor on canvas paintings and 1 set of brass (I think) scales that was given to me by by best friend since we were 5 yrs old. Her parents passed away and so she gave me some items from the estate that she did not want. They lived in Tripoli for several years as her Dad and mine both were both in the oil industry and these where brought back with them to the US either in late 1950's or early 60's. I never cared for them but could not allow her to throw them in the garbage. They are original and signed by the artist but cannot make out the letters to research. The scales were black when I got them and I used a little tarnish remover and this is what they turned in to. I am wanting to downsize but again find it difficult to toss them but would not know anyone who would want them.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at just answer. i would be happy to help you. Can you post a clear photo of the signature on paintings. The one uploaded is a bit fuzzy and I am having a hard time reading it. If you can get a clear shot I can enlarge so dont worry if you feel its not large enough as I can enlarge if the photo is sharp and clear. The measurements of the pai.ting also please. A photo of the scales as nothing shows of one on my end and any markings it may have. I look forward to helping you. I understand about not wanting to just throw out items. I like to get things to people that enjoy them instead of tossing just anything out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The measurement of each pics is approximately 11 1/2 wide x 14 3/4 length.
I have been unable to find any marks on the scales but will look again with a magnifying glass in a little while.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Measurements are 11 1/2 wide x 14 3/4 length. I have been unable to find marks on scales but will look again. However note the watermarksame on the canvas paper for both portraiture

Hello, I will opt out for another expert to look these over. I have been unable to find anything on these and would like to have another expert look them over and be able to help you. There is nothing you will need to do and it does not cost you anymore. Thank you and I wish you all the best with these. Thank you Tanya

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That sounds great. I appreciate your help. Thank you very much Tanya.

you are very welcome. If you have the photos of the scales I would be happy to review them for you however the paintings I hope another appraiser can help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have never heard back from the other expert. Could you please find out who is looking at the pictures? My account was charged already.

I have nothing to do with the money end I am a certified appraiser that works for the site. I will ask again that Nora take a look at these she is a fine art appraiser also and I will send it on to her. Thank you for letting me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again Tanya.