Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

I have baby cup 1881 guadruple New York 5905 E

Customer Question

I have baby cup 1881 Rogers guadruple New York 5905 E
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Your baby cup was made by the firm of William A. Rogers, originally of Ontario, Canada then later of New York. The firm mark dates 1881-1929. .

It later became part of the Oneida Co.

Your cup was not made in 1881. This date was just used in the trademark name 1881 Rogers because 1881 was when the company was founded. Your cup dates closer to 1929

The "quadruple" just means that a good quality of plated silver was used to make your cup.

Because your cup is just in "fair" condition, it would have retail antiques store value of $20.

A private seller to a dealer can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING now so that I am compensated by JA for my time and effort. This is of no cost to you.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty, site charges or current appraisal values - all three are beyond my control.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to request me in the future, just type "Doris" at the first of the question.

Thank you.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Doris