Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a plastic toy generic racer, about 12" with a race

Customer Question

I have a plastic toy generic racer, about 12 " long with a race car driver in it. There is a "shiftier knob" you pull back to tighten a spring, and hold the wheels. When you pace it the ground, it is supposed to run. The battery compartment is missing the battery, and top to hold it in. The toy is manufactured by Matchbox, International ltd. It is stamped c right 1885 and made in China. Any idea of value, or where to find information and current appraisal for Matchbox die cast toys, or this one described.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please add a picture of this car and of the marks. You can do that by using the ADD FILES button in the lower right of your screen. The writing more likely reads 1985 and not 1885 as there were no MADE IN CHINA items then and Matchbox did not exist in 1885. I can finish my answer once I see photos.