LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a Begay 94 sculpture I have no other information

Customer Question

I have a Fred Begay 94 sculpture I have no other information because I recently inherented the piece
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am one of the expert appraisers here at justanswer. I would be happy to help you. Do you have a photo of the piece and if signed a photo of the signature and any other markings. This will help me in my evaluation. Thank you I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have included pictures thanks for your help

Thank you for the photos. Fred Begay Jr. is the artist that did the sculpture. His address is Fred Begay Jr P.O. Box 22277 Santa Fe, NM 87502. He is a modern artist and this was to be a bear. It looks to be marble or quartz hard to determine without seeing the piece in hand. There is some damage visible on the side it looks to have a few nicks in the piece. The value would be $200-275.00 for this piece. He is Navajo and not much has been written. He is known for very large outdoor sculptures. Thank you for sharing this and if I may be of further service please let me know