Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a 22" w x 34" L x 5" D wall hanging solid mahogany

Customer Question

I have a 22" w x 34" L x 5" D wall hanging solid mahogany cabinet, I bought at an auction, so I know nothing about its origin. The front of the cabinet, is a full door with a 14 1/2 x 5 1/2 window at the top. The door has a very unique hardware latch. The inside of the cabinet is a shadow box with all different sized boxes inside. Some are tall and skinny, which makes me believe it held bottles of some sort. The back of the cabinet is all skinny ( plaster & wood possibly) slats. The top of the cabinet you could display things on , I believe. The bottom 5 1/2 inches on both sides of cabinet, extend below the door, and appears to be missing possibly a double dowel, like to hang a towel. Now the most interesting quality of the entire cabinet is that there is no nails or screws, instead it is held together by hand carved pegs ( no one the same) that goes thru holes extending through the sides of the cabinet, which are actually the bottom & top of the inside shadow box. There is no markings whatsoever. Any idea on origin, maker, or value? Thank you! ***** Harbors, Mn
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora