Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a lithograph of a grandparent and a child examining

Customer Question

I have a lithograph of a grandparent and a child examining ship models. The signature looks like S Mugardy
It has some letters in the lower left something Parrtis and EC.
Any idea what this is? Its about 22x17
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a more clear, in-focus close-up of the signature and small print.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a photo of the front. I will try to get some better ones with camera.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the image. At your convenience, please send clear, in-focus, close-up images of the signature and small print at lower left.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if you are still interested in having your item assessed?

Please let me know and do you have requested images available?

I look forward to reading back from you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here are the photos of the poses you requested. I don't know if they shed anymore light on the subject.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the images. However, in order for me to properly assess what you have, I really need to see a clear, in-focus close-up of just the signature at lower right and the very small print at lower left. Please include just those photos so we can proceed.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Here they are. The Lower left writing almost assuredly says Paris. But there is also what appears to be an embossed stamping under the "EE."The signature in the right corner appears to have been made in pencil and it is on a textured paper. Thus it is not highly legible...
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I am not able to decipher the signature on this, however I can provide a date, material and value based on comparables.

~or~

I can opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional fee. Opening the question is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We will opt out and maybe there we be something Thank you.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora