rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have tea cup and saucer along with a covered dish a dome

Customer Question

I have tea cup and saucer along with a covered dish a dome shape Maybe a cheese or butter dish. Both have o.s. or o. Schultz as a signature. The dish has a x and 245 imprinted in it, the cup says made in Germany the cup is marked Bavaria, I was wondering the maker?
The tea cup and dish are the same painting its a blue and yellow back ground with pink roses. the cup handle is gold and the dish lid piece is gold.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

The maker of these pieces is Heinrich and Co of Bavaria, Germany. They produced white ware blanks that were then bought by decorating studios and home artists to hand paint and resell or gift. This set was hand painted by a home artist (the signature of O. Schultz) circa 1900-1910. This is a tea cup and a covered butter dish, the butter dish missing the moisture tray (or it is not in the picture). The cup and saucer have a value of $25.00 and the covered butter dish has a value of $30.00 without the moisture tray and $45.00 with one.

Please do click the stars to rate me, thank you.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer, I do hope my answer helped you. Please click the stars to rate me and to close this question.