rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a clear glass bottle that is 4 inches and 1/4 inches,

Customer Question

I have a clear glass bottle that is 4 inches and 1/4 inches, In raised writing it says EDISON BATTERY OIL, made in U.S.A. Thomas A. Edison incorporated Bloomfield, N.J. U.S.A. on the side of the jar running along the height of the bottle there is a signature reading Thomas A. Edison. I know that it came from a great grand fathers misc. belongings. Thank you Doreen Wilkerson
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please add a picture of the bottle so that I can see the color and the mouth of the bottle. You can add pictures by using the ADD FILES button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not an internet type person, am unable to take or send a picture. The bottle has two lips with a small space in between them, very much like the mouth of a pop bottle. There are no marks on the lip to twist it off or on. doreen
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

That tells me what I needed to know, thank you. This bottle was made as it says on the glass by Edison Inc of New Jersey for automobile and railroad lamp battery oil in the early 1900's. These bottles are actually not that rare and can be readily found for $10 to $15.00 in varied conditions.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer, I do hope my answer helped you. Please click the stars to close this question.