Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

Where do I find the site to tell me the value of my Spode

Customer Question

Where do I find the site to tell me the value of my Spode Christmas Tree China pieces?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Can you tell me the type as well as the number of pieces you have in your set?Are you interesting in selling or is this something you wish to hang on to?Thanks,Frank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to sell the set. It is the Spode Xmas tree set.It is service for 12 with 2 of all the serving pieces. I want to sell the set.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Are the place settings 4 piece or 5 piece settings?

Thanks,

Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The set has 5 piece settings. I have two of these also: covered casserole dishes, bowls, platters. Pie server, I have 12 mugs instead of coffee cup and plate.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for getting back to me with that information.

In excellent condition your Spode Christmas Tree set would have a replacement value of(###) ###-####SD in excellent condition.

As far as the fair market value, if you were going to attempt to resell the set yourself you would be looking at between 40-60% of that replacement value based on both the condition as well as the regional demand.

Right now through November has actually been proven to be the best time to sell using online sites such as Ebay.com. But I would also recommend Etsy.com and Rubylane.com as possible sales venues.

If there are any cracks, chips or damage to the china, this would detract from the resale value. of the china.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your Spode Christmas Tree china set .

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.