Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have a meridian company brides dish It has four legs on

Customer Question

I have a meridian b company brides dish
It has four legs on the base and is stamped 1806 can you give me an idea of its worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a silver plated Bride's basket with swing handle made by Meriden Brittania Company of Meriden, Connecticut (1852-1898). This basket is in shape number 1806, this basket having been made circa 1880 when bride's baskets were most popular for bride's to use for handing out pieces of cake to their guests at their own wedding. This is silver plated meaning that it is a base alloy of nickel and zinc then dipped in a very thin wash of liquid silver. By comparison, sterling silver is 92.5% silver throughout. This basket has a value of $25.00 to $35.00 retail value today.

Please click the stars to rate me and to close this question.

Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I see that you have read my answer, I do hope my answer helped you. Please click the stars to close this question.