Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I lost you all. I have a set of fish dishes dated 1856 all

Customer Question

I lost you all. I have a set of fish dishes dated 1856 all the plates have a different fish on it like a rainbow trout and bass the platter is a salmon. They are all marked Austria Carlsbad and hve the letters LSNS and F-12
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.

Do you have any photos of the dishes as well as the marking you may be able to send?

There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:

UPLOAD:

The link below will direct you through our upload process

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

EMAIL:

You can also email pictures to support@justanswer.com with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.

Thank you for your time,

Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have them with me I keep them at my mothers house, she is in a different state. I can have her send a picture and then get it to you. would that work? You have any idea what they might be worth?
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

I would want to take a look before I give an estimate if at all possible, but I would be more than wiling to wait for that photo if it could be sent.

Please send at your convenience, no rush.

Thanks again,

Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will get that for you soon. Do I ask for you when I come back
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

You can reply to the same question and the messages will go straight to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Frank I was the one with the fish dishes I have pictures and whats written on it. I don't know how to get them off my I phone and on here. do you know how I can get them to you?
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

You can email the photos directly from your cell phone.

Send the photos to***@******.*** with your question page included in the email and the customer service agents will send them over to me.

Look forward to the photos.

Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are the pictures of my fish dishes. There are NO cracks or chips in them. Can't wait to here from you.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.Your late 19th century fish serving set would have been produced by Lewis Straus and Sons in Carlsbad, Austria. The fish plate set in excellent condition would have a resale value of 300-350USD.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your antique fish serving set .

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.