Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a plate that I cannot find ANYTHING about. It says

Customer Question

I have a plate that I cannot find ANYTHING about. It says river steamboat on the front, along with a raised steamboat that says Missisippi on the paddlewheel. It also has a compass in it that is not raised. On the back are two crossed arrows with the number 8182 on it. The back also says "Designed by Erich Stauffer. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your questionYour vintage raised riverboat wall plate would have been produced in Japan circa 1960's. Erich Stauffer was a psuedo designer name used by the import Company Arnart out of New York. They produced a line of knock off Hummel figurines under this name at the same time, but also produced other porcelain pieces which were shipped from Japan for sale in the western market in 5 and dime and gift shops. In the current market you would be looking at a resale value of between 8-12USD on the vintage wall plate.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your vintage wall plate.

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.