Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a Chinese cloisenne vase, about 2 feet tall and maybe

Customer Question

I have a Chinese cloisenne vase, about 2 feet tall and maybe 18 inches in diameter, with white egrets on a red background and a silver lining around its mouth, that was obtained by my mother's aunt around 1930. Given my mother's representation in the past about its value, none of my children wish to have responsibility for it. Can you give me any idea what its actual value might be? Thank you--
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your cloisonné vase. It sounds beautiful and quite valuable. Could you very kindly provide a photo as so much of the value of an object like this is the artistic merit of the decoration.

Also, if there are any markings, a photo of those would be very helpful too. Very often the marks are small and impressed into the metal footrim on the bottom.

Once you have the photos in your computer, click on the paperclip icon -located above the text box where you are typing to me- to attach them.

Or if you get stuck, go here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Many thanks and wait to hear,

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's almost impossible to furnish a photo at this time. The vase is packed away in storage--
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Packed away, I understand. I'm not going to be able to provide a value range that would be of any use to you, sight unseen, I'm afraid.

However your question remains open indefinitely should you be able, in due course, to unpack and photograph it. What a pity! It sounds beautiful and should be on display, being enjoyed!

Best wishes,
Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you--I'll get back with you as soon as I can.
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

Great, look forward to seeing it in due course.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry--I don't check my email every day. Think I've already responded to this--
Expert:  Robert S. replied 1 year ago.

No problem, have a great weekend. R