Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

I have a picture of the Rheims Cathedral I think it is a

Customer Question

Hi I have a picture of the Rheims Cathedral I think it is a drawing but not sure it is very old. I cant find any signature on it nor can I find the same drawing on the internet. On back of frame the cardboard has
Rheims Cathedral
G526
DIO PICT FR. Co
I would like to know how to tell if it is a drawing or lithograph. The paper is very thin.
Thank you, ***** *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

For the most part, your description of the label on the backside indicates that this is likely a print.

In order for me to properly assess what you have and explain to you how to discern a print from an original drawing, I will need to know the size and see images of the front and back (do not remove from frame).

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora