rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

My brothers and I recently lost my mother. She has a print

Customer Question

My brothers and I recently lost my mother. She has a print that was her mother's. It says on the back 2/2547. It is a print of a young woman wearing a blue and white striped dress and hat holding a red pocketbook standing in a parlor. I have tried researching online with no luck
Thank you
Patti Belisle
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Please add photos of the print, signature and of the marks on the back. You can do this by using the ADD FILES button in the lower right of your screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I do not have the print in my possession. It is framed with a backing so there is no visible markings
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

There is no way I can know what this is without seeing it. Is there a way that you can get pictures at some point?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll see if I can get one
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

thank you! We will come back to this when you have something for me to look at. Thank you for understanding that this is a visual process.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My brother sent me 2 pics. Front and there's a sticker on the back. Thanks
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

Great work!

This is a print of a famous painting by ***** *****ows entitled Lady Jean. ***** *****ows (1882-1925) was from New York and Ohio. He was known for portraits. This painting was done in about 1910 and this print was made and framed in the 1950-70's based on the sticker on the back by the framing shoppe that sold this piece. The number is ***** their inventory number. The value of this piece is $45 to $70.00.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome, please click the stars to rate my service so that the site will compensate me for my time.

Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I do hope that all helped.

Please click the stars (all five would be great!) to rate me.