Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a silver earring with some sort of pink stone. It is

Customer Question

I have a silver earring with some sort of pink stone. It is marked s925 in one place and another stamp/marking has what looks like an upside down u, c and I can't make out the last letter either an R or h? I have a picture to send but can't seem to enter it here. Would like to know more about this item.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.

There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:

UPLOAD:

The link below will direct you through our upload process

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

EMAIL:

You can also email pictures to support@justanswer.com with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.

Thank you for your time,

Frank

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the earring in question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what kind of stone is it.
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Excllent.
Thank you for sending over those photos.

Based on the marking I can read, the earring is a modern piece, made in Italy circa 1980's-1990's.

The earring has what appears to be a large pink semi-precious Topaz set in a sterling silver backing. In the current market pairs of these earrings usually bring between 25-40USD in retail settings.

The upside down marking has been cut off but appears to be numbers, which quite possibly would be a pattern or size number inset by the maker.

We see lots of this modern Italian jewelry which was purchased on QVC and in department stores that lacks a true maker's marking. Many times it was on the original label or sticker or sometimes not at all.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your earring .

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.