Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I HAVE A VERY OLD LITHOGRAPH ENTITLED ROSES WITH 1402 IN THE

Customer Question

I HAVE A VERY OLD LITHOGRAPH ENTITLED ROSES WITH 1402 IN THE LEFT CORNER AND A SIGNATURE THAT SEEMS TO START WITH JEAN AND A LAST NAME THAT MIGHT BEGIN WITH B F OR P AND END WITH G OR Y. cAN YOU IDENTIFY WHO MADE IT AND A POSSIBLE VALUE?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help.

I'd need to see an overall photo, and a close-up of the type in the left and the signature.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Jennifer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot supply you with a photo at this time. I can clarify that the number was on the right not left bottom of the print. The content of the print was of a young beautiful woman looking to her left and her right hand gently held 4 roses, and her arm was lowered and extended. She also had a sheer, narrow, loosely-knit scarf above her low cut dress, and the scarf came over her left shoulder. Can you identify the artist from the description of the print, which I think is a lithograph

Unfortunately, there is no way to determine this artist without doing an image search. The late 19th and early 20th centuries were a time of tremendous mass-production of romantic lithographs, with hundreds or thousands meeting a similar description.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Could this possibly be JL Prevost? Or Jean Bennington?