Frank
Frank, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Expert in gold, silver, jewelry and American antiquities.
66811035

I have a Hardy Bros Silver tea service (tea pot creamer &

Customer Question

I have a Hardy Bros Silver tea service (tea pot creamer & sugar). The tea pot is stamped Hardy Bros. made in England RN 448323. 31*85. Creamer(###) ###-#### ***** also.
Any indication of value would be appreciated. Thank you. Helen
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is***** am a Personal Property Appraiser and would be happy to assist you with your question.

Do you have any photos of the set as well as the maker's marking you may be able to send? Hardy Bros produced both sterling and silverplate and I just wanted to make sure we we were dealing with the right composition as it would have a major impact on the value.

There are a few different options to send pictures to us, they are as follows:

UPLOAD:

The link below will direct you through our upload process

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

EMAIL:

You can also email pictures to support@justanswer.com with ATTN MTantiques in the subject heading. Be sure to include the link to your question page in the email for our customer service. The emails can take up to a few hours to process, but as soon as I receive it I can send my evaluation.

Thank you for your time,

Frank

Expert:  Frank replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much for sending over those photos.

Your antique Hardy Brothers Tea Service is composed of silver-plate, and would have been produced circa 1906 in Birmingham, England.

The set which would have later been sold in Australia would have a current market value of between 75-85AUD in the current as is condition.

From the photos, there appears to be some minor scratching, but if there was any missing silver-plate or any denting or dings unseen in the photos, this would detract from the resale value.

I hope this information was helpful to you today.

Best of luck with your tea set .

Any feedback you can leave for my service would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Frank

Please let me know if you have any difficulties with our rating system.