Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have two paintings that are signed. One says Meissonier

Customer Question

I have two paintings that are signed. One says Meissonier and the other says Meissonier 1861 and then under his signature it says "The Smoker"
How do I go about getting these appraised? I can send pics if you would like...
Thank you!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** need to see the paintings. Please include the front, back and a clear image of the signature. Plus the size. Are they on canvas?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The backs are stapled on & they've been like that for over 60+ years. I'm leary about trying to take them off. The size of the pics are 12x15. It does sort of look like canvas, but I'm not sure.... Here are the pictures of the two with the respective signatures.

Thank you, ***** ***** colored prints. The artist did a number of them. I will check on the current value for them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I look forward to seeing the value of them - if any. I appreciate you checking into this for me -- especially because I am a single mother with stage 4 cancer. I am trying to sell my stuff before I die (given less than a year now).

My heart goes out to you. My wife and I are currently survivors.

Hi, etchings by Jean Louis Ernest MEISSONIER (1850 - 1891) unfortunately do not sell for much. $30.00 to $60.00 each. Please do not rate the question, that way you will not be charged for the answer. All the best Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

May God watch over you.