Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a sketching Nuermburg wifes by albrect durer has 1500

Customer Question

I have a sketching Nuermburg wifes by albrect durer has 1500 on it do you think it is a real one and how much is it worth
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have one by Benjamin William Leader, the E House, it is large and in great shape
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** be happy to help you.
.
PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. EVEN IF YOU GET EMAILS PROMPTING A RATING. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I have submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.
.
Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you.
.
Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.
.

We do one item per question, if you like you can pick the one you would like done on this question. Please send me a picture of the one you chose.

.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.x
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.x

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.x
Or you may use this method:
.x
Go to www.imgur.com
.x
click on Computer
.x
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.x
Hit open.
.x
Click on Start Upload
.x
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.x
.x
.x
.x
.x
This a completely free photo hosting site, it does not cost one thing to use it.
http://www.photobucket.com/ it is very easy to use, you log in, create an account , make a user name, do not use an email address as user name , then upload your pictures, making them public, then come give me your user name, I have an account and can log into them and see them...
.x
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.x
.x
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.x
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.x
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.x
.x
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the picture is call a Nuremberg Costume Study, it is watercolor it seems I am not very happy with the charge for such slow response, this is not to swift using Antiques Roadshow for a cover. My picture is old and had a wormwood frame, the picture is green and beige dress, it needs cleaned, I just wanted a ball park figure.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

If you are unhappy with the Charges and the fact that the Just Answer website advertises on the Antique Roadshow Webpage, with their permission. Then you need to take that up with the customer service department on the Just Answer website. I do not work for them.

.

Just to let you know the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site we do not work for them. We come to the site to answer questions that customers post to the site. We have nothing to do with the customers accounts or business dealings with Just Answer. We are not privy to any information regarding the customers account. We are just a user of the site like the customer is. We have been verified to come to the site to answer questions, that is all we do.

If you have a problem with the account you will need to contact customer service at the Just Answer site you can do so by clicking " Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. Or call them at 1(###) ###-####/p>

.

What you have is a reproduction of a Nuremberg Costume Study,Albrecht Dürer (21 May 1471 – 6 April 1528) was a German painter, printmaker, engraver, mathematician, and theorist from Nuremberg. The originals are in museums and private collections.

These were reproduced many times over the years. If you would like for me to continue I will need to see a picture of this and know what size it is.

.

Glenda