Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a blue glass water picture that my grandmother

Customer Question

I have a blue glass water picture that my grandmother carried on her lap as they were forced to move in Germany in 1944. It was very special to her according to my mother but we have no idea why it was special. Where can I go to get more information about it and if I need additional insurance on it.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not gotten an answer yet.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

What is the height of the pitcher? At your convenience, please send a full image of the picther from top to bottom and a view of the underside of the pitcher as well.

There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Took photos with measuring tape.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are the photos
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the images. Is there is circle or indent in the glass on the underside? Also, photos with tape measure to show height are not attached on my side here, please let me know the height of this at your convenience.

~Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The height is 8 inches on the lower side 9 inches on the sides.. There is aa small indent on the bottom of the picture.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Thank for the additional information. Please allow me some time to look into this blue glass pitcher for you.

Sincerely,

Nora

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any further information needed for an answer?
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Hi There,

I have not found a match to this for you.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra.

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

Sincerely,

Nora