Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

There! I came to this site based on a google search with the

Customer Question

Tim,
Hi, there! I came to this site based on a google search for artists with the name of Garber. So I see that the more famous artist named Daniel Garber signed both his first and last name, plus he did impressionist paintings. Ours is a large oil on canvas, with the name of Garber only, of a impressionistic cityscape. Our mother was an antique dealer and collector, who now has Alzheimers. We are conducting estate sales to liquidate her collection. So any help in identifying this piece would be appreciated.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Hi this is Tim. I have the two images you sent can you send a close up of the signature?

The painting is not by Daniel Garber, he painted landscapes of the rural areas and portraits. The Garber who painted yours specializes street scenes usually Paris, often in the rain. I have not found any record of the artists first name or any biographic information on him. We frequently see his work on Just Answer. As a painting it has a value range $250.00 to $450.00.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any estimated value of this piece??
Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oops just saw your full answer. Thanks for you reply!

You are welcome, please rate the answer.