Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an original mission oak desk chair that I have broken

Customer Question

I have an original mission oak desk chair that I have broken by falling on it The damage to the lower part is extensive but I have all the parts. The chair is beautiful and it clearly belongs with the desk. i do not have to sit on it.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello,My name is ***** ***** be happy to help you.
.
PLEASE DO NOT RATE THIS UNTIL AN ANSWER HAS BEEN GIVEN. EVEN IF YOU GET EMAILS PROMPTING A RATING. I mention this because you may get random prompts asking you to rate me before I have submitted an answer. Ignore them. They are automatically generated by the system (it doesn't seem to be able to distinguish an answer from preparatory back-and-forth and information gathering) and don't come from me.
.
Brief Explanation of how the appraisers work on Just Answer for you. The appraisers, do not work for the just answer site, we come to the site to answer questions customers ask there. We do not send customers any messages through email. We only communicate with a customer in this message box. We do not send emails asking for anything. After we type a communication to you, you get notified by the site we sent you a message. Just like when you send us a response we get notified so we come to this message area to respond to you.
.
Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.
.

What is it you are needing to know, is it the current market value of this chair?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know, but I bought it in a very large stored called All things oak. I bought both desk and chair for only $50. However when I had a sale of furniture in my house one customer said Do you know that you have an original mission oak desk and chair.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am not sure what you are needing? Are you wanting to know the value of the chair?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never received an answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never received an answer. The message was supposed to be by phone, That is what I paid for. N ever received a call. I will report this to cyber scams dept.
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

If you notice at the very beginning of this conversation, I informed you I do not do phone calls.

This was what is written above: Please Note: I am sorry I am unable to do live conversation per phone. There is data that needs to be obtained, this is always best in written form, in order to give a correct, honest appraisal.

.

You requested that phone call anyway, this opened it to other experts, they declined to do a phone call. Experts do not have to do phone calls. Some cannot , some do not have phones, some of the online experts are deaf and cannot hear on a phone, there are a lot of reasons phone calls cannot be done.

I know the chair you have, having sold Mission Style furniture a lot.

All I needed from you was to know what you want, are you wanting to know how much your chair is worth?

Glenda